September 2019 Wellness Coalition Meeting Minutes
October 21, 2019Wellness Coalition Minutes
HEALTH & WELLNESS COALITION
Healthy Bethany. Where the healthy choice is the easy choice.
SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
ATTENDING: C Jon Hinkle, community member; Erica Babinski, hospital; Rhonda McCoy, Board member – health dept.; Janet Kiralfy, community member; Jackie Spainhower, MO Extension; Sarah Wood, MO Extension; Tim Hill, hospital; Charlotte Gregg, HCHD; Shila Callaway, HCHD; Jamie Baker, DHSS; Courtney Cross, HCHD.
- Updates on Kick Off Event
- Soft Launch – Oct. 12 during the Hospital Hill Fun Run; staff will be present to sign people up to join our coalition and to give out information about our coalition and BCBH program;
- Facebook “Likes” contest – starting on October 12th through November 16th we will have a contest to generate “Likes” to our facebook page (Harrison County Health & Wellness Coalition); drawing at the end of the contest for a prize
- October 31st – Scare on the Square – set up at the health department booth to hand out water w/ our Coalition label and provide packets to everyone with program information
- Need volunteers for both events
- Jackets should be done before the soft launch so we can “brand” our coalition!!!
- November 16th is World Health Day and end of our facebook contest
- November 17th is Take a Hike Day so would like to get the word out to people to go for a hike and do a “go live” and attach to our coalitions facebook page or take a picture!
- Updates from conversation with Mayor, Jonne Slemmons
- New land update – an advisory committee has been formed to address what is the best use of the new land that was purchased by the city; Shila is part of this committee and so far they have met 2 times and are generating a top 3 list of what people want; will have town hall meeting for more discussion and then vote the favorite and implement!
- Bike lane/signage – money has been budgeted through the city to put in a bike lane around a loop through the park to include signage; we could partner with this and do a bike share program!
- Review CDPP plan and assign activities to coalition members
- Coalition divided into 3 subgroups to better address the 3 risk factors in the CDPP plan and start planning strategies and assigning resources.
- Coalition will share every meeting on what they are working on, get the large group’s input, get assistance with resources and then break off into subgroups again to keep working towards the goals/activities.
- Always looking for groups to present our information to! We will share the BCBH presentation we made for all to use to review at the next meeting and make any necessary changes and then everyone has the ability to present to groups and use the same information.
- NEXT MEETING – OCTOBER 25TH @ THE CHURCH AT NOON.