August 2019 Wellness Coalition Meeting Minutes
HEALTH & WELLNESS COALITION
Healthy Bethany. Where the healthy choice is the easy choice.
AUGUST 23, 2019
ATTENDING: CJon Hinkle, Janet Hackert, Tim Hill, Tina Gillespie, Dick Grainer, Jake Taylor, Sarah Findley, Sarah Wood, Jackie Spainhower, Dennis Easton, Rhonda McCoy, Shila Callaway, Charlotte Gregg, Courtney Cross
- NEW BUSINESS:
Discuss and explain what we have been working on and how we got our CDPP made.
- hand out the actual CDPP
- tell who was in groups
- explain why we chose what we did
- Explain our strategies and why we need people to help
- Have them volunteer for each activity to achieve the strategy(we will work on this next coalition meeting in September.)
- Ask for suggestions for any technical assistance/resources that may be needed(we will work on this at the next coalition meeting in September).
- Tell them about our meeting with Joanie and see if anyone wants to join to present information on BCBH – Meeting scheduled for September 4 @ 2pm)
- LET’S SET A GOAL TO HAVE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT OUR COALITION WITH AT LEAST 2 DIFFERENT GROUPS, SCHOOLS, ORGANIZATIONS, BUSINESSES IN BETHANY BEFORE SEPTEMBER MEETING – ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED!
- Attend sorority meetings, church meetings, present at the schools, present at rotary and chamber, etc…
- Besides Shila and Courtney, who would like to present about our coalition
- KICK OFF EVENT – possibly do this in October during the Hospital’s Fun Run event or at the Scare on the Square at the end of October? We will meet before our next coalition meeting to discuss, set a date and begin planning!
- NEXT MEETING – SEPTEMBER 26 @ THE CHURCH AT NOON.